Want to learn how to be Scottish on this side of the Atlantic? Here’s how…
1. Learn Scottish Country dancing from suspicious Scottish-Hawaiians in Honolulu.
2. Struggle through early morning Scotch whisky tasting in Memphis.
3. Study ancient Scottish history in Las Vegas.
4. Learn rules of caber tossing at Oregonian Highland Games.
5. Discover “The Scottish Way” at Chicago’s Scottish Retirement Home.
6. Consume haggis in Florida.
7. Drink tea with Hawaii’s Scot of the Year.
8. Encounter scores of baying Scottish terriers at Scottish Terrier festival in rural Georgia.
9. Attempt to win over standoffish Hielan’ calf in East Tennessee.
10. Play golf for the first time on rattlesnake-infested sand course in a decrepit trailer park in the Sonoran Desert.
11. Learn to speak Gaelic in Salt Lake City.
12. Survive a week of bagpipe lessons in New York City.
13. Sashay off to meet the most famous Scot of us all – Nessie, in her lesser known, Williamsburg, Virginia, rollercoaster form.
14. Walk down Gatlinburg, Tennessee’s main street as part of the Scottish Parade, a fully fledged, 100% Scot.